1. Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man-hour figures.
2. Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
3. Provide complete conceptual (or bid work) and final estimating input on complex projects.
4. Provide technical support to personnel preparing discipline estimates for assigned bids.
5. Insure all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures.
6. Assist contracting department during preparation of inquiries and final evaluation of submitted bids as required.
7. Track awarded contracts as required - may include estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, credit; procuring materials, etc.
8. Working with other departments to evaluate rates for estimating
9. Design Roof Cad drawing
9. Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Plan, organize and schedule the activities of construction managers and subcontractors to achieve project objectives.
Liaison with building owner to facilitate construction activities.
Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
Represent company in project meetings, assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Clients.
Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, union officials, subcontractors, security, etc.
Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to. Interpret policies as required.
Maintain official project log and documentation files.
Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs.
Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required.
Contract review to understand project requirements and constraints.
Develop and send out bid requests to Engineers, Subcontractors, Vendors, evaluating the responses to award contracts based on price, value, experience, customer service, etc.
Review Engineering drawings to ensure proper system design to meet customer’s needs and deliverables of contact.
Facilitate weekly project meetings and track actions items
Risk Planning and mitigation throughout project lifecycle
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE: Educational and experience requirements include: 4 year degree or equivalent combinations technical training and/or related experience. 5-8 years estimating, cost control, and/or engineering experience (at least 4 years estimating experience) in similar commercial roofing. Thorough knowledge of company procedures, estimating techniques, all engineering disciplines, cost control systems and accounts required. Ability to estimate all types of projects/contracts, plus ability to coordinate and supervise group work effort essential. Knowledge of Miami-Dade Codes preferred.