ResourceMFG is looking for a skilled machinist to join our team!
· Record all data necessary to produce expected service and/or design results, including sizings and illustrations.
· Use measuring devices such as micrometers and calipers with techniques to correctly assure proper sizings.
· Perform machining operations such as turning, drilling, tapping, boring, and conventional milling and lathe work, using various engine lathes and horizontal and vertical mills and horizontal boring mills.
· Must be capable of holding .0005" machining tolerances.
· Balance mechanical assemblies using dynamic balancing equipment.
· Perform various metalizing (metal spraying) techniques as needed.
· Understand materials and applications as required.
· Perform various welding and fabrication operations, including setup and use of MIG, TIG, torch, and stick welders.
· Set up and perform tool-post grinding operations (e.g. precision surface facing), broaching procedures, and babbitt bearing work.
· Sleeve end bells, weld and turn sheaths, cut keyways.
· Use various hand-held and stationary power and non-power tools, including, but not limited to: band saws, belt sanders, hand grinders, files, etc.
· Lift, tighten, adjust, and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work and/or to observe safety precautions.
· Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye, hand, and ear protection).
· Keep work area neat and clean and perform other housekeeping duties as directed by supervisor.
· Assist other machinists in department with skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop management.
· Assist other shop departments and perform other skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop management.
ResourceMFG places employees within the total spectrum of manufacturing including production, assembly, quality, machining, maintenance, supervision, and all levels of management. Our clients range from the small family owned shop to international companies. If you are looking for a challenging career in manufacturing or are looking to make a change in your current employer, we want to hear from you.