The Material Control Handler, Service Parts Distribution position is responsible for inbound and outbound good (dock to stock and/or Pick, Pack, ship) movement using our computerized inventory system. Activities will include Dangerous goods (HAZMAT), Exporting and Picl
Documentation will include but is not limited to vendor certifications, vendor reports, FM &
Honda airworthiness documents, dangerous goods documents, import/export compliance documents, and Electronic Export Information (EEi / ACE) requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Adhere to general work requirements, maintaining a safe work environment
2. Assist in the loading/unloading of shipments
3. Visually check all incoming parts for any possible damage
4. Verify and reconcile accompanying documents with actual material part number, quantities, batch/lot number and serial number; receive into ERP system
5. Stock material in proper location(s) for further distribution
6. Pull material from inventory per demand requirements, ensuring complete fulfillment accuracy
7. Package items for shipment in appropriate manner, complying with requirements and regulations for standard shipment, HAZMAT, and/or Export
8. Prepare orders shipping labels and documentation, complying with requirements and regulations for standard shipment, HAZMAT, and/or Export
9. Perform accurate daily bin maintenance/cycle counting
10. Maintain document filling system adhering to company retention policy
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
1. High School diploma or equivalent is required
2. Previous hazardous material handling and shipping experience is preferred.
3. Previous International Shipping experience preferred.
4. Valid state issued driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. 0 - 3 years previous experience in material handling
2. Ability to multi-task
3. Ability to work under pressure with deadlines
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills
5. Basic knowledge of computers to input and retrieve data for inventory management
6. Skills to gather, interpret and record data to assure inventory accuracy
7. Experience using the following Microsoft Excel, outlook, PowerPoint
8. Knowledge in any WMS (JD Edwards, Lawson, Oracle, Pentagon 2000) SAP is preferred
9. Basic knowledge of Lotus Notes e-mail system - preferred
10. Ability to receive Honda forklift qualification within the first 30 days
11. Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime as needed and dependent on customer demands. This could include late evenings, weekends and overnights.
12. Will be included in the AOG rotation carrying company cell phone
1. Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
2. Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, climb ladders, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
3. Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
4. Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
5. Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
6. Effectively communicate in Business English language.
7. Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any lime with or without notice. This document does not constitute a contract between the incumbent and Honda Aircraft Company. (FLSA: Nonexempt) 01/07/13