Position: Trucking Dispatcher - Reporting to the Terminal Manager of a provider of dry-bulk transportation, packaging, distribution and logistics solutions to numerous multinational companies within the chemical and plastic industries. They provide a comprehensive suite of services including over-the-road transportation, trans-loading, packaging, warehousing and end-to-end outsourced transportation management through a nationwide network of 28 facilities, a combination of company-owned equipment and owner operators and a non-asset-based transportation management division.
The Dispatcher Position will ensure that loads are dispatched to meet schedules and conditions as indicated in contract review. You will maintain loaded miles and minimize deadhead miles to the extent possible. As dispatcher you will ensure that all loads are dispatched promptly and schedules are met. A big part of the role is to inform the appropriate customer personnel or Customer Service Representative whenever schedules must be modified, dispatches cannot be made properly or other problems arise. It's important to maintain a customer service attitude. Coordinate with Customer Service personnel and customer representatives to ensure that services are provided in the most efficient and effective manner possible. You must be able to maintain open communications and foster harmonious working relationship with all personnel, particularly those in operations functions such as maintenance and trailer wash facilities.
· Transportation dispatching
· Working knowledge of truckload transportation operations.
· Owner operator operations
· Ability to supervise and discipline all personnel with documented record keeping.
· Customer service
· Ability to plan efficiently with drivers and equipment to provide superior service
· Preparing the Operating Budgets for the department as requested
· Complete and distribute reports
· Manage about 100 trucks
· Transportation Software i.e.(TMW & Qualcomm)
· Computer literate: Microsoft suite (i.e. Excel, Word)
· Education: High School Diploma
· Location: Houston, TX
Background Preferred (but not required):
· Bulk Experience
· Bachelor's Degree
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
· Strong management and training skills
· Multitasking and work independently
· Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
· Superior decision-making skills
· Excellent communications (verbal, written, presentations and communications with others)