• Drives, loads, and unloads vehicles of various weights and types to and from appropriate delivery and storage points.
• Inspects vehicles for proper operating condition in accordance with federal and State Department of Transportation requirements and District policy.
• Checks freight being loaded and unloaded for agreement with shipping documents, records delivery discrepancies, and withhold delivery of damaged items.
• Captures and records data using electronic or manual equipment such as handheld scanners.
• High school diploma or GED is not necessary for the position.
• Class A commercial driver's license.
• A satisfactory driving record as obtained from the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
• A valid CA Driver License, Class A, to drive both automatic and manual transmissions.
• Ability to safely pull, push, lift, and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
• Ability to safely negotiate stairs while lifting, pushing, and pulling materials to various delivery points.
• Ability to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to frequently bend, kneel, twist, and climb.