Capstone is a leading North American supply chain solutions partner with more than 500 operating locations, 14,500 associates, and 60,000 carriers. We have capabilities in freight management, warehouse and distribution center support, last mile delivery, supply chain analytics and optimization, and more. We are uniquely positioned to help our customers reduce warehousing and transportation costs.
Consumer expectations about shipping are continuously evolving, and last mile delivery is a crucial component of our brand's success. Capstone offers a reliable last-mile logistics and fulfillment solution that ensures products get delivered to their final destination on time. Powered by Capstone's MileZero software platform for optimized routing, order fulfillment, and customer engagement, we transform disconnected fulfillment functions into highly organized and efficient parcel flows. Processes and information are closely managed and documented, and you have complete brand oversight from beginning to end.
We are looking for a Supervisor to join our team and be part of something great. We have an outstanding career opportunity for a driven, successful Supervisor with 2-5 years of increasing management responsibility in the distribution/transportation fields. This position offers a competitive salary, bonus potential and a benefit package after 30 days.
This is the final step before taking over your own site. You will learn to represent Capstone with our Partners, manage day to day activates with associates, all the while ensuring that safety and productivity are always the focus. At this stage, you may be asked to run portions of the business or perhaps an entire shift. The Site Supervisor will train new hires and provide an environment that is team centric. This is the training opportunity to hone the skills necessary to run your own site. With the growth that Capstone has experienced over the past years, it could be sooner than you think!
• Supervise warehouse staff; schedules, monitors, and evaluate their work.
• Running site with safety and efficiency as priorities
• Instruct and train staff in the proper methods and procedures for performing work.
• Inspect work in progress and upon completion for accuracy and completeness.
• Responds to employees questions and assists in resolving operations and personnel problems.
• Ensure the work is performed in compliance with established standard policies and procedures.
• Ensure customer needs are met on a daily basis.
• Document and resolve any customer service or associate issues daily.
• Ensure all associates follow Capstone policies and work rules including Capstone safety work rules.
• Hold weekly safety meetings and ensure associate participation.
• Supervise timely and accurate data entry for all services performed.
• 3 years of Supervisory / leadership experience in an industrial setting.
• Experience with a courier service is a must.
• Experience with small parcel, receiving, processing, sorting, and shipping operations.
• Proven experience in providing high levels of customer service to internal and external customers.
• The ability to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and direct the workforce in an ever-changing, warehouse environment.
• Taking ownership of your business and ensuring the highest standards of safety, productivity, and customer service are exceeded every day.
• Ability to train, coach, and mentor warehouse associates.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong organization and prioritizing skills. .
• Ability to simultaneously perform multiple tasks.
• Ability to solve problems and make effective decisions in a fast paced environment.
• Intermediate PC skills with knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Warehousing, Logistics, Supply Chain or Third Party experience preferred
• BS/BA Degree or Associates Degree with Equivalent Experience is a plus but not required
• Proven track record in supervision of warehouse employees including Hiring, Training, and Termination.
• Experience with managing budgets and ability to create & maintain various management reports.
• Excellent aptitude in estimating rates and adding and subtracting mentally while constantly multi-tasking.
• Ability to stand for long period of times.
• Ability to safely operate material handling equipment as needed.
• Ability to work in warehouse environment on concrete flooring and in varying temperatures
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The job responsibilities and tasks described herein may be modified and expanded over time.
We will offer the successful candidate:
· Salary commensurate with education, experience, and skills
· Quarterly and Annual Bonus incentive based on operational performance.
· Benefits after 30 days including major medical, dental, vision, life, STD, and LTD.
Capstone Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to quality through diversity. We are a Drug- Free Workplace; background check required.