Does warehouse work, material inventory management excite you?
Join our team
Partner with the best
The material handler will be responsible for managing inventory of raw materials and fittings at the flexible pipe systems facility in Houston. The team member will be responsible for managing the material from receipt on site through to issuing to production and or packaging and delivery.
As a Material Handler, you will be responsible for:
• Loading, unloading, moving and staging product and materials using a forklift and other power equipment.
• Receiving, checking-in and issuing materials in support of production and other departmental activities.
• Preparation of shipments and dispatch to the field or customer base.
• Daily communication with delivery drivers and site personnel at all levels
• Maintaining and monitor accurate written and computerized records of all transactions
• Maintaining documented inventory and stock levels for all items held
• Maintaining all appropriate stores equipment and perform housekeeping duties as required
• Performing cycle counts of respective warehouses once per week.
• Providing feedback on disposition of excess inventory & slow-moving items.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
• High School Diploma/GED
• Ability to safely operate an industrial forklift
• Previous experience in manufacturing, warehousing or distribution would be a distinct advantage
• Some overtime and weekend support as requested.
• Ability to work an on-call schedule
• Ability to work on 2nd or 3rd shift as required.
• Other duties as directed
• Preferred previous working knowledge of warehousing techniques
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where only limited procedures exist
• Have ability to identify improvements within work area
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Good problem recognition and solution development abilities.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
Comprehensive private medical care options
Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
Tailored financial programs
Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!