Drive a tractor trailer or straight trucks on intrastate and interstate local, Over The Road (OTR), shuttle, and overnight and drive and drop routes for the purpose of delivering and/or unloading food and food related products to customers in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Communicates and interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
• Perform "pre-trip safety check" inspection of truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect cab and trailer to insure they meet company quality standards and take appropriate action as needed.
• Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded. Check and complete in an accurate and in legible fashion all the required paper work associated with freight. Move tractor to the loading dock and attach preloaded trailer as needed.
• Drive to and deliver customer orders according to a predetermined route and delivery schedule. • Follow all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines and policies. Immediately report any and all safety hazards.
• Unload products from the trailer transport items into designated customer storage areas. Perform damage control checks on items and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Load customer returns on to trailer and secure trailer doors.trailers according to predetermined route schedule.
• Unload damaged goods and customer returns at the driver check-in dock and complete necessary paperwork. Unload pallets, insulated blankets, Power Walker / Hand carts and remove trash from trailers as required.
• Complete daily record of hours of service and enter in log in accordance with Federal DOT, state and company requirements.
• Perform "post trip safety check" on the vehicle, secure tractor and trailer and / or "Red Tag" for repair or maintenance as needed. Perform general housekeeping duties in cab, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required. At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Address Line 1
175 Sullivan Avenue
South Windsor, Connecticut (CT)
Full Time / Part Time
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our ; (2) the "EEO is the Law" and ; and (3) the .
• 1+ years commercial driving experience • Foodservice distribution industry experience • Onboard computer and electronic log system experience (i.e. PeopleNet) • Hand-held point of delivery scanning system experience (i.e. POD) • Customer service related work experience
Vistar customers are everywhere people work, play and shop. Vistar is America's leading candy, snack and beverage distributor with over 25 distribution centers delivering everything from popcorn to healthy meal replacements anywhere in the United States. Our success is rooted in working closely with our suppliers and customers to stay ahead of the latest snacking trends. Vistar has thrived by innovating, exceeding customer expectations and fostering a collaborative culture built on teamwork, doing what's right, and giving back to the communities we do business in.
Eby-Brown is a leading national distributor to the convenience industry, delivering award-winning foodservice and merchandising, valuable technology, and indispensable insight to more than 10,000 c-store retailers across North America. At Eby-Brown, convenience distribution isn't just what we do, it's all we do. Headquartered in the suburbs of Chicago, we are one of the largest wholesalers in the industry, wholly-focused on convenience stores. Our service area encompasses 21 states, working from 10 distribution centers in Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
• High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent • Valid CDL-B • Must be 21 years of age • Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable) • Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years • Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check • Pass road test • Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card • Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location