Senior Vehicle Dynamics Engineer - Steering Systems
ElectraMeccanica Vehicles Corp.
Mesa, AZ, USA
Meet ElectraMeccanica, an innovative electric vehicle manufacturer that is ready to revolutionize the way people commute! Drawing on a 60-year legacy of building and delivering high-end custom cars, our flagship vehicle is a single-seat, electric vehicle called the SOLO (NASDAQ:SOLO). The provided driving experience is an unrivaled combination of exhilaration, affordability and environmental consciousness. Now, we are eager to open our doors to our new 18-acre US Assembly and Engineering Technical Center in Mesa, Arizona. Needless to say, its electrifying times and we want to invite you to seriously consider joining our expanding team!
About our team? ElectraMeccanica has heart & soul! We hire dedicated, passionate, respectful and engaged contributors, who enjoy creating, solving and challenging the status quo. We have a dedicated team of people and continually seek to hire those who are always willing to roll up their sleeves. If we just described your personal values and work ethic here, we definitely want you to read on to see if this position sparks your interest as well.
We are seeking a Senior Vehicle Dynamics Engineer Steering Systems to join our lean and agile team in our Mesa, Arizona facility, located at 7943, East Ray Rd. Suite #129, Mesa, AZ 85212. This role reports to the Manager, Vehicle Dynamics. The Senior Vehicle Dynamics Engineer Steering Systems role is to plan and lead engineering projects associated with steering system development. This person will be design release responsible for all technical aspects of assigned projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Interface with internal and external stake holders to define steering / vehicle dynamics performance requirements and acceptance criteria. * Coordinate subsystem and component level DFMEA and DVP activities. * Identify instrumentation equipment required for relevant data acquisition and vehicle testing. * Analyze data from testing activities and present to relevant stake holders. * Coordinate test activities with 3rd party external laboratories as required.
* Develop steering component and system level specifications.
* Conduct subsystem and component level testing. * Conduct vehicle level subjective and objective ride & handling evaluation.
* Collaborate and coordinate with the test engineers to develop and conduct tests in the lab to validate suspension system hardware and software functionality and reliability.
* Prepare and provide test reports and sign-off documents to cross-functional teams and company management to ensure production readiness.
* Other duties as occasionally required by company management.
* Bachelor of Science degree or higher in a technical discipline required (ME/AE).
* Minimum 10 years automotive industry experience with at least 8 years in chassis / steering / vehicle dynamics development with exposure to product definition and design, CAD, FEA, multibody dynamics analysis, vehicle level testing and steering system tuning. * Demonstrated product innovation and ability to manage a large development project. * Demonstrated ability to collaborate and coordinate with internal and external stake holders on product development including design, analysis, testing, and drawing release. * Demonstrated good communication skills. * General understanding of automotive APQP guidelines and requirements. * High level of computer literacy * Initiative to develop and implement process improvements. Continuous improvement outlook. * Abides by Health & Safety standards and emphasizes their importance to team members. * Must be legally able to work in the United States.
One last important note we work hard, but we play hard too! In fact, our new facility is planned to incorporate modern, dedicated spaces for our employees to dine, engage, relax, and play. We also provide the following comprehensive benefits package that supports our employees health, wellness, retirement, and work-life balance:
* Medical, dental, and vision plans * Generous paid time off * 401k with company match * Life/AD&D insurance * Short-term and Long-term disability benefits * Corporate fitness/wellness discounts
While we greatly appreciate all candidate applications, we only contact those individuals who best meet the required position qualifications. Thank you in advance for considering ElectraMeccanica!