We're hosting Virtual Open Interviews for qualified, full-time Class A CDL Drivers!
When: Mondays - Fridays | 7 AM - 10 AM & 12 PM - 2 PM EST
Where: Virtually, via ZOOM
How: Follow this link to complete the Pre-Application:
* Once you have completed registration (pre-application), a Dayton Freight Recruiter will contact you (via phone or email) to provide the Zoom Meeting details.
Please note that filling out the registration form is to schedule an interview and therefore not equivalent to completing an online application. The Hiring Manager may request you to complete an online application, which can be found by clicking the button on this page to "Apply".
The Apply button may be at the top, bottom, or right-hand side of your screen, depending on the device you are using.
* * Full-Time pay beginning at $29.41 per hour * * Overtime paid at time and a half after 40 hours * * Work-life balance * * Stable and growing organization * * Quality Hours * * Professional, positive and people-centered work environment * * Modern facilities * * Clean, late model equipment * * Comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, AD&D, etc. * * Paid holidays (8); paid vacation and personal days * * 401(k) plan, Company match
P&D Drivers are responsible for transporting, loading and unloading freight in a productive, safe and claims-free manner between our Service Centers and our customers.
* Perform pre and post trip inspections on the tractor and trailer that is being utilized * Properly document all freight control processes * Read and understand maps, road signs, shipping papers, hazardous materials markings and labeling identifications * Affix correct placards to tractor/trailer when necessary * Maintain cleanliness of company vehicle * Assist customers in preparation of shipping papers * Interact and converse with external/internal customers * Participate in Dayton Freight's training and improvement programs * Be available for irregular work schedules, alternating work shifts and/or assignments * Adhere to the operational procedures and guidelines contained in the Dayton Freight Driver/Dockworker Manual
* At least 23 years of age * At least 1 year of commercial driving experience * Valid Class A CDL with Hazardous Materials and Tank Endorsements * Valid DOT Physical/Medical Card * No DUI, Citation/Conviction for Reckless Operation in the past 3 years * Less than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years * Basic math skills * Fluent in English * Legally eligible to work in the United States * Able to pass a drug screen
* Stable and growing organization * Full-Time pay beginning at $29.41 per hour * Overtime paid at time and a half after 40 hours * Work-life balance * Quality Hours * Professional, positive and people-centered work environment * Modern facilities * Clean, late model equipment * Comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, AD&D, etc. * Paid holidays (8); paid vacation and personal days * 401(k) plan, Company match
city, driver, class A, A CDL, CDL-A, Local Driver, P&D, P&D Driver, Class A Driver, Hazmat, Tank, Tanker, Endorsement, family, culture, company