Springboard Collaborative invites inquisitive and service-minded candidates to apply for the position of Material Handler. The Material Handlers primary areas of responsibility are materials preparation and order fulfillment. The Material Handler will support the Warehouse Manager, Fulfillment Associate, and other internal staff in an operations capacity to help maintain accurate inventory and fulfill supply chain needs for all programming. The Material Handler will assist with inventory and movement of Springboard materials and help maintain continuity of programming processes through data management.
The position title will report to the West Coast Warehouse Manager and work as part of the Business Strategy Team at Springboard. This is a great opportunity to support an entrepreneurial team in maximizing the impact of a rapidly growing organization.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is important
We are an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is more than a commitment at Springboard Collaborativeits at the core of what we do and how we do it.
We believe that a solution can only be as good as ones understanding of the problem. And no one understands problems better than the people who have experienced them firsthand. Proximity matters. Thats why Springboard aspires to hire a diverse team that is representative of the marginalized communities we serve.
We also know that having a diverse workforce makes for a better workplace. Springboards hiring process puts a premium on individuals who value diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, etc.
Finally, if youre passionate about an open role, we encourage you to apply even if you dont meet 100% of the qualifications listed on the job description!
Here are your priorities in the first year:
* 100% of shipments to ops hub received in systems and inventoried (as required) within 48 hours. * 90% of outgoing materials meet quality control standards as outlined in the Supply Chain Handbook. * Achieve passing grade on monthly warehouse safety and cleanliness inspections 91% of the time (11 months out of 12). * Prep and organize program materials so that all materials are ready for handoff to FC 5 business days prior to ship date
Here are your responsibilities within and beyond the first year:
* Receiving and shipping Springboard materials from and to vendors and school partners, ensuring quality control standards are met. * Organizing and preparing physical materials for school partners and scholars. * Participating in cycle count procedures and updating inventory of materials. * Lifting up to 50 pounds on a regular basis * Using a pallet jack and other warehouse equipment on a regular basis
WHAT YOU OFFER US
Here are qualifications we expect the right candidate to have:
* Commitment to working towards equitable outcomes for all students. * Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy. * Strong teamwork skills as well as capacity to work independently. * A problem solver: addressing concerns and situations as they arise and being a reliable resource for all team members. * Commitment to meeting deadlines and handling multiple priorities simultaneously. * Proficient in Microsoft/Google Suite and adapts easily to new technologies
It would also be nice if:
* 1-3 years of experience working in a warehouse environment
While this description is meant to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the Material Handler we are seeking candidates who demonstrate flexibility and can adapt to evolving needs in an entrepreneurial environment.
$20 per hour paid bi-weekly on Fridays, according to Springboard Collaborative's regular pay schedule
At Springboard, we feel it is important to take care of our employees, which is why we offer a competitive benefit package. Some of these benefits include:
* 4 weeks annually paid time off, prorated from the date of hire * 11 paid holidays, federal election day, birthday holiday, and two floating holidays according to Springboard's Paid Time Off Policy * Dental, vision, life insurance, and short and long term disability insurance are 100% covered by Springboard * Cash stipend available to those who waive healthcare coverage from Springboard * Annual technology allowance * Annual Professional Development allowance * Twelve weeks paid parental leave for those employed for at least six months
Location and travel
The Material Handler will work on-site at our West Coast Ops Hub in Union City, CA. No travel required.
Since our founding in 2012, we have grown Springboard's reach from 40 to nearly 20,000 students across 51 cities. Amidst rapid growth, Springboard consistently delivers best-in-class results. Students average a 3- to 4-month reading gain [ during each 5- or 10-week cycle, closing the gap to grade-level performance by more than half. Weekly family workshops average 80%+ attendance. Springboards work has recently been featured by Forbes [ NPR [ and the New York Times [ (twice [