KIHOMAC is seeking experienced Aircraft Electrical System Installers for work to be performed at Davis-Monthan AFB, Nellis AFB, and other domestic installations. Travel and per-diem will be provided as necessary during out of state installs.
Expertise and Functions
* Assist with on-aircraft modifications, Time-Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO), component and harness installation/removal, operational checkouts, and prototype and trial vehicle installations (TVI). * Participate in test or project events as assigned by Project Manager. * Follow engineering guidance, technical orders, and drawings. * Perform moderately complex assembly/test functions utilizing mechanical skills, hand and power tools, test equipment, and inspection measurement equipment in a manufacturing environment. * Perform and inspect wire terminations, wire harness assembly, harness routing, and component installation/removal. * Produce and inspect assemblies that conform to customer product specifications. * Assemble, test, and/or solder as required per customer and/or industry standards. * Perform electrical, operational, and functional checkout of aircraft components and systems. * Document compliance with assigned tasks regarding wire harness manufacturing. * Establish, organize & maintain detailed inventory of government, customer and KIHOMAC property. * Train and assist other technicians on techniques and procedures. * Modify aircraft and equipment by adding, removing, or altering components as per predetermined processes. * Maintain high ethical/professional standards of performance, demeanor, and judgment. * Participate in test or project events as assigned. * Observe all safety rules and maintain a foreign object damage (FOD) free work area. * Maintain a clean work area. * Work unsupervised at times. * Report status and results. * Other duties as assigned
* Education/Training (both required and desired):
* High School diploma required * Associates Degree in management or technical/scientific discipline desired * IPC/WHMA-A-620 and IPC J-STD-001 Certification desired
* 5+ years of professional experience in the required task area required * USAF Aircraft maintenance and wiring experience required (A-10 experience highly desired) * Able to comprehend schematics, logic drawings, layouts, wire lists, and prints * Ability to use various hand tools, crimping tools, soldering equipment, and machinery * Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail required * Basic understanding of electrical circuits required * Wire Termination experience required * Knowledge of cable assembly procedures desired * Ability to communicate clearly and effectively required * Basic knowledge or understanding of IPC/WHMA-A-620 and IPC J-STD-001 desired * Capable of standing for long periods of time * Able to work cross functionally in other areas as needed * Willingness to travel for extended periods of time (up to 3 months) required
* Must be a US citizen * Ability to obtain a security clearance may be required
As a Federal contractor, all KIHOMAC employees and facilities are required to adhere to applicable government mandates regarding COVID-19 vaccinations and safety protocols. As such, proof of vaccination status or a valid and documented exemption will be required as a condition of employment.
Per-diem will be paid while on-site and actively performing the installations.