Location(s): MN - Newport; MN - St Paul; MN - White Bear Lake
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn't require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that's committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you're looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Advanced Step/Journeyman Linemen to join our Xcel Energy Team located in the Metro East Area in St. Paul, MN, White Bear Lake, MN or Newport, MN.
The starting rate of base pay for a Journeyman Lineman will be $49.10 (2021 rate) as listed in the "Exhibit A" wage scale. An Advanced Step Apprentice will be coming in at 80% of the Journeyman rate of pay at 5th Step, 85% at 6th Step, 90% at 7th Step, or 95% at a 8th Step. This position will be posted for 10 Working Days from September 15, 2021 to September 28, 2021.
As a Journeyman Lineman, you will perform all duties of the Journeyman Lineman classification involving overhead and underground electric distribution and transmission systems. The individual filling this position must be self-motivated, work well with others and possess a positive attitude and commitment to work safely, provide quality customer service, create customer satisfaction and to work productively
Primary responsibilities consist of, but are not limited to, installation, maintenance and removal of overhead and underground distribution conductors and equipment. Must be able to climb poles, work on energized conductors and equipment, perform hot stick work on energized high voltage conductors, work in inclement weather, and be available for callout work and all other work as outlined in the lineman position.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Technical School Lineman degree is required from an accredited school.
3. Must presently be qualified to be a 5th Step Apprentice Lineman or higher and have a working knowledge of all phases of Distribution and Transmission Construction, Maintenance and Operating.
4. Must have good communication and teamwork skills.
5. Requires participation in after-hour emergency callouts in all kinds of weather conditions - must be willing to accept callouts and work over time.
6. Experience with bucket trucks, digger derricks, trenchers and groundwork with utility line crew required.
7. A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times. Must be committed to working safely.
8. Must meet driver qualification requirements as specified in FMCSR parts 382 and 391 including the possession of a valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A